6374 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: enable large BAR support

hpea
Visitor

enable large BAR support

My server is 'DL380 Gen9'.

I want to setup some BIOS configurations.

Where can I found the options?

First, I want to  make sure '64-bit IO is enabled and the maximium host supported IO memory space is greater than 128G' in BIOS setup.

Seconde, 'enable large BAR support' in BIOS. This is variously called as Above 4G decodingPCI 64-bit resource handing above 4G or Memory mapped I/O above 4GB and may be found under PCIe configuration or Boot configuration.

Related Docs : https://xilinx.github.io/XRT/master/html/p2p.html

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
hpea
Visitor

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may refer to the BIOS/Platform Configuration options in the "UEFI System Utilities User Guide for HPE ProLiant Gen9 Servers and HPE Synergy" for more information on the server's BIOS settings.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi,

Yes, the link : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04398276 can be referred for BIOS Configuration.

Also System-specific devices, such as installed PCIe cards will appear on Main Menu.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

When implementing the new HP DL380 Gen9 Server in our vSphere Environment I took care of the recommended BIOS settings. Here is a summary of the settings you should be aware of in my opinion.

If you feel that there is something wrong or not mentioned, please let me know.

BIOS_HP_GEN9

тАФ> System Options

USB Options:

Removeable Flash Media Boot Sequence -> Internal SD Card First (only necessary if you install ESXi on the internal SD card)
Processor Options:

Intel (R) Hyperthreading Options -> Enabled
Processor Core Disable -> 0 (0 = all cores enabled)
Processor x2APIC Support -> Enabled
Virtualization Options:

Virtualization Technology -> Enabled
Intel (R) VT-d -> Enabled
SR-IOV -> Enabled
Boot Time Optimizations:

Extended Memory Test -> Enabled
тАФ> Power Management

HP Power Profile -> Maximum Performance

тАФ> Performance Options

Intel (R) Turbo Boost Technology -> Enabled
ACPI SLIT Preferences -> Enabled
тАФ> Server Availability

ASR Status -> Disabled

Note: ASR monitors an agent running in the Service Console. When this agent is not responding within 10 minutes, the host is rebooted. However, if the agent fails or the Service Console becomes sluggish (even though the VMтАЩs are perfectly fine), ASR will detect this as a system hang and will reboot the server. Furthermore, in case of a PSOD, ASR will reboot the server as well. This reboot might cause a loss of some logfiles.

тАФ> Advanced Options

Fan and Thermal Options тАУ Thermal Configuration -> Optimal Cooling or Maximum Cooling

Note: I decided to use Optimal Cooling тАУ but in some best practices you will read the recommendation to use тАЬMaximum CoolingтАЭ.

I Haq
jrgd

@Ihaqueit 

Hi I believe i'm trying to do the same thing as you in getting an Xilinx Alveo card working in the DL380 Gen9 server.  Were you able to figure out how to enable the "large BAR" support in this server.  If not could you tell me which server you ended up using?