108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: error 1611 on DL360G

SOLVED
Go to solution
Geerts Nick
Occasional Advisor

error 1611 on DL360G

On a DL360G3, I installed a second CPU using a kit for DL360G3 and following the instructions included. WHen restarting the server the error LEDS for both CPU's are lit and the server does not startup. I rechecked whether CPU, cooling vin and PPM were correctly installed and tried to restart without success. After this I decided to remove the second processor. When restarting, I now have an error "1611 - CPU zone fan assembly fan failure detected"; the LED of this fan is also amber and after a few seconds the server shuts itself off as if there were a thermal condition. However all fans function, and the first CPU was never touched. Does anyone has any ideas what is causing these problems and how to get the server running again?
4 REPLIES 4
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

so if i'm right you have two problems now.

1. The server does not start with 2 processors installed.

2. You have a fan failure when booting from first processor only.

To start with your first problem: Are both processors identical?

Go into F9 setup and check if you can/have to "set cpu corrected" to recover from a cpu fault.

Leon
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor
Solution

For your second problem:
Release the thumbscrew for the cpu fans and remove and re-install the cpu fan assembly.
Just in case there is a bad contact.

Leon
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Make sure sw2 of sw2 is set to off.

Leon
Geerts Nick
Occasional Advisor

Hi Leon,

Indeed,disconnecting and reconnecting the CPU fans has solved the problem. Thank you very much for your help.

Greetz,

Nick