1752772 Members
5146 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

event ID 11 -> source cpqfcalm

E. Middeljans
Frequent Advisor

event ID 11 -> source cpqfcalm

When I start my server and watch the event log an error appears with the following text:
The driver detected a controller error on \device\ScsiPort3.
We've got FC HBA in the server. The OS is NT4. Anyone knows what might be the problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor

Re: event ID 11 -> source cpqfcalm

Hi E

To help troubleshoot the cause of CPQFCALM event ID 11 errors, look at the first 32-bit value on the row labeled 0010. This information is located under "EVENT DETAIL" in the DATA box.

To help you decode the info you might want to cal in tech support at 1800 652 6672.

regards
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

In addition to Claude's I would ask you to save your system event log in .csv (comma delimited format), zip it and attach to your next reply.
Generally, if you see this (or any other) error message on startup, but not when server operates AND everything looks like correctly then it may be ok.
Anyway, the cause can be either software, configuration or hardware. Check that you have latest SP installed, driver for FC card (driver itself and filter driver) and other devices are from the latest StartStart CD.
These are general thoughts. It's hard to say something precisely not having logs and configuration checked (devices connected to the SAN, driver versions, etc)
E. Middeljans
Frequent Advisor

I copy/paste alle the information from the eventlog into a file. Maybe someone can see what might be the real problem here.