4821 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: faild ssd on dl380-G8

smsm
Occasional Visitor

faild ssd on dl380-G8

HI

i'v two dl38-g8 with raid 50 for samsung QVO 860 ssd .

They worked well for two weeks but suddenly failed 5 hard drives from two servers .and lost data

somone can explain this plz

samsung pn=MZ7MH1T0HMLD QVO 860 1 TB

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Sham82
HPE Pro

Hi

It is very unlikely that 5 drives Failed on 2 servers
Since you are using Samsung SSD's ( NON-HPE) Most likely its compatibility issue.

please let us know :
> If you have any other server which has HPE branded drives and working fine..
> Also Non-HPE Hard Disk Drives may not work on HPE ProLiant Servers because the Server's BIOS, iLO and Smart Array Controller Firmware may not detect a Non-HPE Hard Disk Drive or may not monitor the drive status because Non-HPE Hard Disk Drives will not have HPE firmware

> We recommend to test and monitor using compatible HPE drives and keep the controller firmware updated.

Please find the HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 - QuickSpecs
For Compatible SSD's
Page 34 onwards : https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04123238

please find below the Supporting document.
HPE Knowledge Article :
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000019726

Regards

HPE Employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

smsm
Occasional Visitor

i have 3 servers with this ssd ,they are working well done of two months later to now 

is it possible repeat the problem on these servers ?????

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hi

Since the drives are 3rd party and not tested within HPE environment, we cannot comment on the functionality.
As suggested and Recommended earlier, please use HPE recommended HDD to avoid any further risks / issues.
also, if you face any issues, we will only be able to check and assist you with HPE Recommended Products.

Regards

HPE Employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hi @smsm ,
I hope my solution has helped you to resolve the query, if not kindly let me know If you have any further issues.

Regards
HPE Employee.

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo