cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed Array on HP Proliant ML 350

Ryan D.
Occasional Visitor

failed Array on HP Proliant ML 350

I have what looks like one failed disk on a Smart Array 642 controller with two logical drives. The effected array (B) has 4 disks, of which SCSI ID 3 Slot 3 has failed. We replaced the disk (146G) with one of equal size and waited for the rebuild to occur, sadly, this is not. Attached is an ADU report: I could really use some advice on how to proceed...
2 REPLIES
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

Re: failed Array on HP Proliant ML 350

Open the Array Configuration Utility. Click on the storage controller. Then on common task you are going to have Controller settings. Check if the rebuild priority is set to high, if it is not set the rebuild priority to high and wait for about 15 minutes or restart the server.
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Ryan D.
Occasional Visitor

Re: failed Array on HP Proliant ML 350

Did that, waited a looong time (5 hours). The 148G HD in slot 3 is showing no activity (no blinking LEDS) while the 148G HD in slot 4 is blinking agate. There's no indication that the array is rebuilding and there's only 2 functional HDs remaining of the original 4. Is there perhaps something i'm missing?

Could this be a case of a fault on the 4th Slot disk while the drive in the 3rd failed completely?

thank you for your reply, btw!