1752848 Members
3716 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ftp

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

ftp

I cannot ftp from sites when going through the neoserver. I can connect fine, but cannot get directory listings. It seems that the ftp connection port is open, but not the data port. What's up? I have called tech support for email issues and am convinced no one knows anything about this product other than how to navigate the lame html interface. Compaq tech support didn't even know what an mx record was. So if anyone can help out here, that would be great. rjw
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

If you have the original Prosignia Neoserver and not the Compaq Neoserver 150, the former cannot FTP, however, the 150 can. If you have the former, the only work around is is to use a separate modem (or ISDN card) and use one of your client MCs (just one of the PCs) to act as stand alone PC and then access the net directly via the modem (not the LAN). You would have always have to ensure that you dial up the ISP before FTPing otherwise the LAN will try and fail! Hope this helps
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

If you have the original Prosignia Neoserver and not the Compaq Neoserver 150, the former cannot FTP, however, the 150 can. If you have the former, the only work around is is to use a separate modem (or ISDN card) and use one of your client PCs (just one of the PCs) to act as stand alone PC and then access the net directly via the modem (not the LAN). You would have always have to ensure that you dial up the ISP before FTPing otherwise the LAN will try and fail! Hope this helps