108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

get physical disk information in linux from smart array controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

get physical disk information in linux from smart array controller

I have several BL460c servers that I am trying to remember the physical disk information. The ilo system status page doesn't report hard disk information. fdisk just reports the raid volume information. Is there a way either in linux or in the ilo to query the physical disk information? I'd like to find the rated size and speed.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: get physical disk information in linux from smart array controller

With current firmware your iLO2 should have a disk drive page that reports drive models if not capacity. Under Linux, with the ProLiant Support Pack you should have access to both the System Management Homepage with this information and the Array Configuration Utility.
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi David,

OK, I'm assuming my ilo firmware is a little behind (1.79) because I don't see any disk page. I've found the hpacucli and starting to get the hang of it.

Thanks!
JL Martinez
Advisor
Solution

If you want to get that information from the command line, in the PSP there is an utility called hpacucli.

The command you need is this:

hpacucli ctrl slot=0 physicaldrive all show status

Maybe the slot is not 0 in your case. Try 1,2, etc.

Hope this helps.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

I probably also should mention that there is a dependency for the disk data in iLO2 beyond just the firmware. For iLO2 to get the data, the system needs an intelligent disk backplane for it to mine the data. That backplane was cut into different products at different times, but I think for the BL460c it started with G6, so if your blade is G1 or G5, that tab won't appear under system information.
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

You are both correct. I found the hpacucli command and figured out how to get the answer. Thanks! The blades are G1, so I guess no drive tab. :(

Learn new things everyday! :)

Thanks for the help!