1752790 Members
6336 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

getting this msg during boot up

K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

getting this msg during boot up

Does anyone know what this msg means? "172 System configuration Nonvolative memory Invalid initialization aborted" "162 System option not set". This is on a proliant 1600 server. Thanks.
Reputation of a thousand years can be determined by the conduct of an hour
4 REPLIES 4
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: getting this msg during boot up

This means the server doesn't have any configuration set for it. Did this just happen on a reboot? What was done prior to this? If the server was powered off and got this when it came back up, then this likely means the system battery is going bad.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

we bought it from a 2nd hand source. I've gotten over this hump by loading the smart CD and went through configuring it. It's not boughting fine.

One thing that bothers me though is that it doesn't see the raid controller. I want to be sure before calling up the guy I bought this from, how do I check if it has a raid controller on it? Thanks.
Ian Matthews_2
Valued Contributor

you would have had the option to configure the array during the smartstart process if a raid card was installed - also during boot a compaq raid card will show in red whilst booting and have some spinning //// whilst initialising and say like "compaq smart array controller"
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

Found the smart start CD, I've configured the array. Thanks for your help.