ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748263 Members
3775 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hang up with ml 150 G2

jlgar

hang up with ml 150 G2

Hi, I've problem with ML 150 G2 with Unix, the system hang up after 5 minutes aprox. I have changed the power supply and the problem continues. I thought that the problem can be the mother board but is not sure.
Can any give me some idea?
Sorry for my english.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

1. Do you seen any errors during POST?

2. When did this problem start? Has the server been up & running for awhile? Did problem suddenly start?

3. If you boot from a bootable CD or floppy, will server hang after 5 or more minutes?

4. Assuming server does not hang when running from floppy or CD, what version of Unix is installed?
jlgar

I have not probed boot with a cd or floppy but when the system hanged up the keyboard doesn't respond, thus i don't believe that the OS is bad.

The start of system is ok and there isn't POST errors.

I don't remember the unix version.

Another thing that i have observed when the system hang up is that i need to unplug the power cable if not the system turn on but not start.

I have other question, I try to locate the server product number but i only see the serial number, where i can locate this number?

thank you
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

The ML150 G2 model or product number will be something like this: 380190-001. It is usually on the same sticker as the serial number. If you wish to include the serial number here, I can lookup the product number. Otherwise HP does not have a tool on the www.hp.com web site to lookup product number based on serial number alone.
jlgar

the serial number is GB85169A28
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Your product number is 470063-283. Model is described as a HP ML150T2 X3.0. And it is still under warranty, so if you need phone support (looks like you are in Spain use this Spanish web page to find the support phone number:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/es/es/contact_us.html

Otherwise we would be happy to help you here.

jlgar

thank you for all, i'll follow making prove and if i have any doubt will ask here.