1748259 Members
3637 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: having problems installing wind2003 64 bits

ksantos

having problems installing wind2003 64 bits

hello gents,

I hve a HP ML350 G5 64 bits and i'm having problem installing winds2003 64 bits on dis machine.
after it ask me for the OS dvd it ask for the location of the FLAT FILE which i'm not being able to find it. I did some google 'nd found dat some user are having the same problem but most of them are using the 2008 not the 2003 which i'm using.
plz can someone HELP ME!!!
8 REPLIES 8
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

how you are installing the Windows ?? with the smartstart o directly form the Iwndows installation media ??

mikap
ksantos

through SS.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

if its possible and you have the fdd inside your server i would reccomend to use the originl installation medium from MicroSoft, the PSP can be installed after OS installation.

mikap
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

Are you using an original Windows DVD for the install, or a 'home made' one(some like to use a custom DVD with updated drivers and scripts, others just don't like risking original media)

Are you using the DVD-drive in the server, a virtual device(using ILO virtual devices) or are you installing from a network share?
ksantos

Michal Kapalka
"you have the fdd inside your serve"
Michal wat is a fdd? (sorry 4 d qestion)

Trygve Henriksen
"Are you using an original Windows DVD for the install, or a 'home made' one(some like to use a custom DVD with updated drivers and scripts, others just don't like risking original media)

Are you using the DVD-drive in the server, a virtual device(using ILO virtual devices) or are you installing from a network share?"

I'm not using a original DVD it's 'home made' 'nd using the drive in the server.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

Michal wat is a fdd? (sorry 4 d qestion)

its FDD = Floppy disk drive

mikap
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

I can think of two possible problems...

1. There's a problem with the DVD?
(Insert it into another computer and see if you can browse the files OK)

2. There's something going on with the SmartStart sequence. If the DVD-drive on this server is attached with a SATA-cable, try to either build an install-image on a USB-memory, or using a DVD-drive connected through USB instead of the SATA-connected one.
(If it runs completely through the SmartStart part, even the first round of copying of files from OS DVD, then throws up errors after the Win2K3 install program has started, it's probably this that is the issue.)
ksantos

hi Trygve,
There's nothing wrong wit the DVD, I did wat you said and I could browse through it.

and i don't think it the SS, coz the problems begins after the SS when I insert the DVD asks for directory of flat files. I google and some people said that you just have to type /mount/dvd/ and press continue and it will work. (not for me)