ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752585 Members
4471 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: help me ,hp ADU log,my smart array 6i has error!!

maysen1
Occasional Contributor

help me ,hp ADU log,my smart array 6i has error!!

thank u for your help
7 REPLIES 7
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

You appear to have a single drive failure at SCSI Port 2, drive ID 13. The drive should be showing a failure LED. Just unplug it and replace with a new drive. No need to shut down.

By the way, it is reporting as a 5i controller.

Colin
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I would say that you have an issue with the drive at SCSI ID=5 (0101)binary. This possibly has a SCSI address problem and is setting address bit 3 (1000) to add 8 to it's address (5+8=13) (1101) binary.

This drive also has completely different characteristics from the others (see the "Service Minutes" value for example) in the attachement.

It also reports being hot-plugged multiple times so I think this is your problem.

I fed your report.txt into the ADU analyser/reader utility which makes sense of all the entries in report.txt. I have attached the resultant analysed report. I did notice that the controller is reported as a 5i but it does not report the firmware version so this might just be down to the version of ADU you are using. The controller could well be a 6i.

I hope this helps.

Brian

maysen1
Occasional Contributor

dear collin:
the scsi id=13 is not avaliable,because my DL380g3 only have 6 harddisks.

dear Brian Murdoch :
i find my hd (scsi=5) blinks red LED,Then i remove and reinstall it ,but after a while,it still blink red LED. SO i replace it with a good same HD,but it does not work ,and i can not open ACU tool ,it reports suddenness. then i update ACU ,ADU to 7.20. ....

but how to resolve this problem?
maysen1
Occasional Contributor

by the way ,the samrtarray is 5i ,,,,,sorry.
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

If you can't get a known, good drive to work in that bay then you may have a bad backplane.

I don't see any other errors on your report that would indicate what is going on. Just make sure that you have the latest controller firmware.

It's curious that the report says SCSI ID 13 is failed.... should be SCSI ID 5, just like the replaced drive. The controller does seem to be confused about something.

You may have to do something like power the server down, remove all the drives, power the server back up (no drives), clear the controller config, then reinsert the 5 good drives, let the controller auto config and add the last drive for rebuilding once the controller is acting normal.

Back up your data first!!! :-)
Mindaugas_1
Frequent Advisor

Sorry for spam :-). Where can I get ADU analyzer/reader?

Thank You
Tv_3
Respected Contributor

Replace the blinking Harddisk.
Do not replug him in.

I'm also intrested in the ADU analyzer tool.
Can you provide more info???

Sincerly
Chaos, Panic or Disaster??? Always Stay Calm, I will fix it.