New Discussion юеВ

high cpu usage on Netware 6 with cpqacmgr.nlm

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thomas Ginko
Occasional Contributor

high cpu usage on Netware 6 with cpqacmgr.nlm

Hi,

does anyone have noticed a high cpu usage problem on Netware 6 with ACPI driver cpqacmgr.nlm. I've seen about 30-35% CPU usage on a DL560, single cpu, hyperthreading was turned of and about 8-9% on a DL580G2, dual cpu, hyperthreading turned on, wich is one might expect as an equvalent average cpu load on a dual hyperthreading cpu system. The systems were otherwise completely idle. I've read in Novell forums, that other Netware 6 users have the same problem. We use NW6 with SP2 and Compaq SP 6.20a. The version of the cpqacmgr.nlm causing the cpu load is v1.04.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Re: high cpu usage on Netware 6 with cpqacmgr.nlm

Hi,

I had the same problem with DL380G3... One of the logical processors was running at 50-60%...

Here is the answer of someone from Compaq (Janine Bertolo)

----------------------------

You'll need to backrev CPQACPI.NLM to version 1.03 until version 1.05 is released.

You will also need to back rev. CPQACPI.DMI, CPQACPWR.NLM, CPQACMGR.NLM and CPQACSID.NLM.

You can download the earlier rev (in CP002345.NLM) from: http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/15129.html

Sincerely,

Janine Bertolo

------------------------

I hope it helps...

Philippe

Alain Tuor
Occasional Advisor

Hello Thomas,
I had the same problem, tried to backrev CPQACPI.NLM as suggested by Janine, but this didn't work; we may have to wait for a new release. I just unloaded the cpqacmgr.nlm for the moment because it doesn't appear to be critical.
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Hi Thomas;

CPQACPI 1.05 has been released in the ProLiant Support Pack for NetWare version 6.30.

I haven't yet heard any reports pro or con with it, but you may want to give it a try.

You can download the pack from http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17035.html

Cheers,

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.