ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753941 Members
9623 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how I can see the disk speed in a array ?

Carlos Vega
Advisor

how I can see the disk speed in a array ?

They know some utility to see the speed of disks in a Proliant DL380 G3 with Windows 2003 server, are 2 disks of 72.8Gb in raid 1+0 and 3 disks of 72.8Gb in raid 5, the disks do not have labels and I cannot power off the server. I have tried with SIM4.5, survey and ACU. Some idea?
6 REPLIES 6
Ryan Goff
Valued Contributor

if you look on the hot plug handle on the front it should tell you if they are ultra3, ultra320, 10krpm or 15k rpm

else you could open the ACU and goto properties of each drive and give us the model numbers and we can look them up for you.

another option is to run the system management homepage from the icon on your desktop or start menu and click on the controller and then click each physical drive one at a time, should give you the speed and bus type there.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Are you trying to find the effective transfer rate or whether the drives are U3 or U320 (or something else)? The effective transfer rate can be found by running the ACU, selecting "show physical view" in the center pane, select one of the physical drives in the next screen, and select more information.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Carlos Vega
Advisor

hi,
I need to see in the Array that speed (10Krpm or 15Krpm)in each disc. I cannot see the labels, the disks dont'n have labels in the frontal part
Carlos Vega
Advisor

Hi, the model of the disk is BD07286224, please I need to verify the characteristics mainly if this is disk of 15Krpm or 10Krpm.
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

BD07286224 -- SCSI 72GB 10K U320
Carlos Vega
Advisor

ok, the information is valid, thanks.