1752538 Members
5012 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

how can I check the harddisk status ??

xam
Occasional Advisor

how can I check the harddisk status ??

I am new in using ML370 server (and compaq server), is there any tools to detect the status, performance of the harddisk? I am using 1T harddisk as file server, so I want to know more about the harddisk status, such as: is it nearly to die? how far is it? Is there any abnormal events happens.

Thanks all.
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

Re: how can I check the harddisk status ??

S.m.a.r.t. monitoring is the thing you want. most of the time vendor extensions will provide this. all of my dells and some of my compaqs will alert me when a hard drive is nearing death.

I know there is an hp extension, but those compaq servers have been sitting there since the HPAQ buyout without upgrades, and I've since forgotten where to get them.

SMART, btw = Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology, not Smart Array.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
xam
Occasional Advisor

Really thanks for your information!!!

S.M.A.R.T .. let me check that is there any CD about this .

Really thanks for your information!

^_^
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If we are refering to Proliant we can utilize the ACU and ADU to check the status of the hdd connected on our controller. In ACU you can see it is failed degraded or rebuilding.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/software-management/acumatrix/index.html

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible