1753544 Members
5601 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

how much power is required to run DL980 G7 server with 8 power supply

pant44
Occasional Contributor

how much power is required to run DL980 G7 server with 8 power supply

Hi, I have to install a DL980 G7 server. But I don't know how much power it will cosume. I have to tell the electrical department about the actual  power cosumption of this server so that they can provide the required power...kindly help.

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: how much power is required to run DL980 G7 server with 8 power supply

Power requirements are dependant on how the unit is configured. But this information below is from the specifications page. You can also user the HP Power Advisor www.hp.com/go/hppoweradvisor

Input Requirements      Rated Line Voltage            200 - 240 VAC
(per power supply)        Rated Input Current         6.6A @ 200-240VAC
                                                   Rated Input Frequency   50 - 60 Hz +/- 3hz
                                                   Rated Input Power             1375W @ 200-240VAC

BTU Rating                          Maximum                                 14,330 BTU/hr (worst case configuration and utilization)
Power Specifications    Maximum                                 4200 W (worst case configuration and utilization)

NOTE: To review typical system power ratings use the HP Power Advisor which is available online located at url: www.hp.com/go/hppoweradvisor

Power Supply Output   Rated Steady-State Power     1200W @ 200 - 240VAC
(per power supply)         Maximum Peak Power                1440W @ 200 - 240VAC

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!