1748030 Members
5326 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

how to configure the smartstart array e200i controller

Martin  roger
Occasional Contributor

how to configure the smartstart array e200i controller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need to configure a Proliant M350 g5 server with smart array e200i one hd 146 gb. When server is powered up, no hard disk is detected, the array is not defined, therefore no hard disk detected; and I'm not able to enter into ORCA to define de array, also I've tried to run the ACU from smart CD but there´s no way to configure anything.
At startup I've tried F8 and Ctrl+A to get into ORCA but there's no way to do it.
¿Any suggestion to configure the array?

martin
1 REPLY 1
burn_up
Advisor

Re: how to configure the smartstart array e200i controller

Try this:
-Clear the NVRAM on the server (using the system maintenance switch or go to the BIOS>Advanced Options> Erase Non-Volatile Memory)
-Flash the BIOS (use the firmware CD and make a firmware update)
-Go to the BIOS and check if the controller is present, if it is, go to the boot controller order and change the e200i to the first position
-Boot from the SmartStart CD and check you can find the controller, if is not in there the controller is not been recognize and you may need to replaced the system board (coz the controller is embedded

If you need reference on how to clear the NVRAM check the maintenance and service guide page 77

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00708990/c00708990.pdf