ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752781 Members
6236 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

how to diagnose if Internal health LED of proliant DL 380 G3 server is amber or red.

deepak bajpai
Advisor

how to diagnose if Internal health LED of proliant DL 380 G3 server is amber or red.

Thanks UWE!! You got the problem right.
But How to diagnose which component failed.For this I will have to open the access panel in order to see the internal LEDs on the system board and that too while the server is powered on.

Also, This problem happened after I inserted the HBA in the PCI slot by taking out the Riser cage and then put it back.May be the cage didnt set properly.After that I took out the HBA from the PCI slot, closed the panel and tried booting the server.But, it did not come up and that internal health LED was as before.

please guide me to solve the problem..
1 REPLY 1
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Re: how to diagnose if Internal health LED of proliant DL 380 G3 server is amber or red.

Deepak:

Try to POST the server "without" the HBA in the PCI slot. If the health LED goes away, then it is possible that the card was either not seated fully in the PCI slot or the riser cage was not fully seated in the mainboard. If the system comes up without the PCI card in the server, and after replacing the card in the slot it still does not bench, it is possible that the HBA is failed.

Another potential problem could be that the PCI card you are using is not a 100MHz or 133MHz card.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt