1753634 Members
5718 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how to find and upgrade HPE Server Hard drive firmware

shang1983
Advisor

how to find and upgrade HPE Server Hard drive firmware

I would like to know how to find and upgrade DL380Gen9 hard drive firmware? I've check the server hard disk model MM1000FBFVR and the firmware version is HPD8. 

7 REPLIES 7
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may download the firmware for the hard drive from the HPE Support Center firmware search link for the relevant OS and install it.

A better way would be to use the Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) so that all the components are properly updated.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

You can download and install from the link below.

https://www.hpe.com/in/en/servers/server-storage.html

I Haq
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Follow the below link to update the hard disk тАЬMM1000FBFVR тАЬ firmware 
* RECOMMENDED * Online ROM Flash Component for Windows (x64) - MM0500FBFVQ and MM1000FBFVR Drives
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_13db97d093634cf2989d427bf2#tab-history

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

kat3499
Regular Visitor

the link that you provide didn't work.. i had tried for updating the software manually, But still i am facing the same problem..

Can you please update me with the working links..

or is there any kind of guide here.

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Below link very well working for me,I would suggest check any other system or browser.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_13db97d093634cf2989d427bf2#tab-history

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

@shang1983 

Could you please tell us , how are you trying to update the firmware ?

what is the OS you have installed ?

Did you try to update HDD firmware using supported SPP for Gen9? if not please try that.

In most cases you should be able to update firmware offline using SPP incase there is any problem in online firmware update.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

Ishdeep1245
Visitor

you must use the automated software provided by HPE for updation.... It will do all of your tasks automatically