108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

how to get for ilo3 port license key

SOLVED
Go to solution
AK_ERI
Occasional Advisor

how to get for ilo3 port license key

i have purchase new server DL308 G7 i need to use ilo how to register my server to get ilo key full key not evaulation.

7 REPLIES 7
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: how to get for ilo3 port license key

Pay HP to get a iLO Advanced license. The Product Number for it is TA850AAE. This is an electronic delivery license - you'll get an Entitlement Order Number.

The HP Quickspecs says the electronic delivery is not available in China or Japan. If you're in either of those countries, you should order HP product 512485-B21, which is the same license delivered as a physical item. If you want, you can order it in this form in other countries too. See below.

If you already purchased the iLO Advanced license along with your server, you should have received a blue/white envelope with the HP logo and text "License Documents Enclosed" on it. Open it to find an Entitlement Order Number and instructions to connect to HP website to get the actual license key. (This is also what the physical iLO Advanced license 512485-B21 looks like.)

Once you have your Entitlement Order Number, go to:

http://www.hp.com/software/licensing

The Entitlement Order Number will convert to a license key only once, so save or print the license key as soon as you get it on your screen. (The web service will offer you options to print it or email it to you.)

MK
AK_ERI
Occasional Advisor

i have applied for evalation license key but when i enter it for activation i got error with license what could be the issue for this.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Did you have any kind of license prior to installing the new one? iLO3 only allows evaluation license one time and cannot be install on top of any previous license. Try resetting iLO to factory default and then install the new eval license.

no i dont have any other license install its new server so do u think after reset ilo it will solve the problem coz they wrror its inviled key
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor
Solution

You should try resetting iLO3 to factory defaults anyway.

it is still the same error appear when i try to install

Error installing license: Not a valid activation key.

AK_ERI
Occasional Advisor

got it after setting iLO to default setting everything working fine.