ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to instal redhat 7.5 on hp proliant bl 420c gen 8 server with inteligent provisionin

how to instal redhat 7.5 on hp proliant bl 420c gen 8 server with inteligent provisionin

I have several time try to install the os red hat 7.5 on HP proliant BL 420c gen 8 server with Inteligent provisioning but there is no image showed.

IP version is below 2.00 and spp version is 2017.04.00

so please suggest what steps should I follow???

aftab
6 REPLIES 6

Re: how to instal redhat 7.5 on hp proliant bl 420c gen 8 server with inteligent provisionin

another blog I have found update the IP version but its possible to gen 8 server because gen 8 server last supported SPP is 2017.04.00

aftab

Re: how to instal redhat 7.5 on hp proliant bl 420c gen 8 server with inteligent provisionin

On that issue found the solution

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/exceptions/rhel_exceptions.aspx#.W4Wv5egzaM8 

but question is can i put the os directly

aftab
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You do not need Intelligent Provisioning to install the OS

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! Accept or KudoI work for HPE
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes, you can install directly without Intelligent provisioning.

Thanks

Accept or Kudo

yes, I will try to install the OS directly but array controller did not show.

In this case, I did not set up any RAID.

My question is why did not show the HDD at the time of OS installation.

In BIOS array controller is fine. I have already selected the array controller but did not any change.

Now I just install the OS in one drive.

It's not good practice. Why this problem is showed. I have updated the firmware post-production SPP 8.1 because of its post-production gen 8 servers.

aftab
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello 

While installing the OS please try selecting the driver and check. Else log a support ticket with HPE. We may need to check the logs.

Thanks,

Suvamay

Accept or Kudo