1748059 Members
5214 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

how to reset setup password in proliant ml570

Leong Kin Mun

how to reset setup password in proliant ml570

Dear HPs,

i current want to upgrade my proliant ml570 server firmware but the bios have beeb lock by previos administrator and i cant find correct password. i hope your can help me how to reset the bios password . thank !
7 REPLIES 7
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: how to reset setup password in proliant ml570

Hi,

Have a look at the diagrams on the side cover (On a Tower Model) or the top cover (On a Rack Model). Here you will see that switch 5 on the maintenence switch disables the system password feature.

Brian
Leong Kin Mun

Hi Brian,

I aready try for the switch on the switch 6 (maintenance) but when i log on to the bios still ask me about the administrator password .
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Switch 6 resets the NVR but switch 5 controls the system password. Basically if this is a tower system all the switches should be off. If its a rack system, only switch 3 should be on.

Can you check this again please.

Brian

Leong Kin Mun

hi brian,

Thank for your reply and i already check the switch 5 .The switch 5 already on but still keep ask for password when i try to log in to bios .
(switch 5 on - mean power-on password disable )please give me advise
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Leong Kin Mun,
Please post the Serial No of your Server.

Thanks,
Leong Kin Mun

This is the serial number 7216cxj30004
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Leong Kin Mun,
If despite leaving Switch 5 to the On position you are prompted for the password then I suspect a bad Pheripheral Board. First of all try reseating it and see if that helps. If not then clear NVRAM and that should reset the hardware configuration. If all fails then log in a call to have the peripheral board replaced. Your server is under warranty anyways.

Regards,