5721 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp DL380 G6 no drives detected

Tapiwa Jeka
Occasional Contributor

hp DL380 G6 no drives detected

Hie

I need to install windows server 2008 enterprise on a new HP Priliant DL380 G6 server. I am facing a problem that the system cannot detect any drives during installation and i am not able to proceed. i have booted the server with the smartstart cd but the ACD utility cannot detect any configurable drives. can you help please. Many thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

First check whether the drives, the drive interface board, and the array controller are all securely connected.
Tapiwa Jeka
Occasional Contributor

i have ensured that the drives, the drive interface board, and the array controller are all securely connected, but still the system cannot detect drives. on booting , when initialising the smart array 410i on slot 0, there is a message that slot 0 is not configured and then says no drives detected.
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

Press F9 during boot, RBSU > Boot controller order in the smart array P410i controller is first set.

check the connection hard drive backplane.

Regards.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Tapiwa Jeka
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

>Press F9 during boot, RBSU > Boot controller order in the smart array P410i controller is first set.

i have done this and i have checked the harddrive backplane as well, the connections look ok. still the same problem is persistent.

where could be the problem?
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

mainboard or hard drive backplane a problem.
establish contact with hp.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo