5765 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp dl360p Gen8 drive array controller failure slot 0

csid2174
Visitor

hp dl360p Gen8 drive array controller failure slot 0

Hi All,

Recently updated RAID controller firmware version to 8.32 after a recent lockup of the RAID controller on a DL360pGen8 causing the server to freeze with the following message log in the hp IML log  :

CRITICAL: Drive Array Subsystem - Drive Array Controller Failure (Slot 0)

But for some strange reason had another lockup on another DL360pGen8 server with the same critical errors shown in the IML logs post firmware update to 8.32 :

CRITICAL: Drive Array Subsystem - Drive Array Controller Failure (Slot 0)

The only indication of the fault is in the IML log shown above. Also, after conducting 2x reboots on the same server the machine came online successfully and since then can't see the fault/lockup/array controller failure happen again.

Can someone put me in the right direction to ascertain the reason behind the P420i array controller failure after updating to fw version 8.32 ? Are there any special logs I can retrive to get more info about the fault ? Is there anyway to simulate the fault again since it seems to be an intermittent fault ?

Thanks

csid2174

2 REPLIES 2
UdayaKumarM
HPE Pro

Hello

Update BIOS to the latest version available for this server and change the power settings in BIOS as mentioned below.

Reboot the server and press the F9 key when prompted during POST to access RBSU

1.In RBSU
Select Power Management Option
Select Minimum Processor Idle Power State and change from the default value of C6 to No C-states

2. Set Power management to Maximum performance in BIOS:
a. Boot into BIOS.
b. Go to Power Management Options.
c. Select HP Power Profile.
d. Select Maximum Performance.
e. Press Enter.
f. Exit BIOS.

If the issue persists, open support ticket with HPE for complete analysis and recommendations

Thanks

I am a HPE Employee
csid2174
Visitor

Thanks Uday for your feedback, it does give me a direction so I am grateful for your input. 

I am also wondering if it's somehow possible to simulate this RAID lockup condition since it is quite randomn. The reason I say that is because server is used in an operational environment and I'd really like to have a systematic pattern of this RAID lockup fault condition that I can see with a development server of the same type before I can start rolling out the fix . 

If it's not possible to simulate this RAID lockup that's okay too. At least I've your useful feedback for resolution of this fault. Please give me some time to use your feedback as an acceptable solution in the forum.