108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp dl380 g5 fans

SOLVED
Go to solution
linuxpenguin
Advisor

Very interesting...I think I made a breakthrough.

In the past when this problem has occurred I've done some tests to determine where the issue was coming from. I remember reading in the forums a while back that there were some issues with the PSU units that resulted in the fans revving up significantly. So I pulled the power cables on each of the PSUs sequentially and listened -- the problem did not go away.

This morning I opened the chassis, however, to see if I could better find out which fans were the culprit. Turns out that the PSU *was* the issue (at least in this specific scenario). I yanked the cable on one of the PSUs and the issue immediately went away.

I'm not certain why this fix didn't work last time -- maybe I hadn't yanked the cable and left it out long enough.

Is there some issue number I should reference when I call HP to request a replacement of the two PSUs? Do the new PSUs have the same issue?

I'm going to see if I can find the thread in this forum which talked about the PSU fan problem in the meantime.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
LP the power supply is known to HP it is part number 403781-01

you only need 1 replacement as they are independent units, and do not work as a pair,

This is how we thank each other in the forum
friendly hint..:)
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)

linuxpenguin
Advisor

Mark, you've been a tremendous help. Thanks a bunch!
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

your welcome ,oopp's typo part nr is 403781-001

happy new year :)