ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752413 Members
6041 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: hp proliant dl380 gen 4 not enter boot

gebhe

hp proliant dl380 gen 4 not enter boot

I want to re install my server to cent OS, tried to format all data and changing boot order. after I restarted, the server not going to boot option but stuck in "Redundant ROM Detected - This system contains a valid backup system ROM". when I search about it, in it's manual said that it wasnt a error. Can anybody tell me how to make it goes to BIOS?

1 REPLY 1
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Re: hp proliant dl380 gen 4 not enter boot

Hi, 

Please let us know if the below steps are useful. 

Access to Redundant ROM Settings

To access the redundant ROM through RBSU:

1. Access RBSU by pressing the F9 key during powerup when the prompt is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Select Advanced Options.
3. Select Redundant ROM Selection.
4. Select the ROM version.
5. Press the Enter key.
6. Press the Esc key to exit the current menu or press the F10 key to exit RBSU. The server restarts automatically.

To access the redundant ROM manually:

1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the access panel.
3. Set positions 1, 5, and 6 of the system maintenance switch to On.
4. Install the access panel.
5. Power up the server.
6. Wait for the server to emit two beeps.
7. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
8. Set positions 1, 5, and 6 of the system maintenance switch to Off.
9. Repeat steps 4 and 5.When the server boots, the system identifies whether the current ROM bank is corrupt. If a corrupt ROM is detected, the system boots from the backup ROM and alerts you through POST or IML that the ROM bank is corrupt. If both the current and backup versions of the ROM are corrupt, the server automatically enters ROMPaq disaster recovery mode.

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo