1753366 Members
5604 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp proliant ml350 g4 server

alexhd7
Occasional Contributor

hp proliant ml350 g4 server

Hello anyone that can help. I have purchased a hp proliant ml350 g4 server from a corporate store. they have nuked the system leaving nothing in the system. I am trying to reinstall windows and i have no luck at all. It seems like the system is not registering scsi hard drives. I have 2 - 36 gigs hard drives. I am willing to listen to any advice, please help me. Thank you for your time.
2 REPLIES 2
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: hp proliant ml350 g4 server

hi

I will guess it is W2003 x32 bits since you don't mention it

do you know which controller your server has?

integrated scsi?
or smart array controller?

if you have the smart array one
you can use smart start CD

I don't what you mean by "like the system is not registering scsi hard drives" ????

smart start CD link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279707&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397642&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#7813

like I said only if your server has smart array controller

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
alexhd7
Occasional Contributor

Re: hp proliant ml350 g4 server

i downloaded it, burned it onto a cd then when it tries to boot from specified devices it just skips over the cd drive like there is nothing in it. the only cd that i had luck reading it was the original windows home edition cd. after the setup loads, hitting enter it says that it cannot locate any storage devices. in addition to all of this, this server only has a cd drive not a dvd so i cant burn windows 2003 server onto a regular cd because of space. thanks