ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748089 Members
4889 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp proliant ml350 g4 server

FlyBowTieGuy

hp proliant ml350 g4 server

I found a hp proliant ml350 g4 server on the side of the road near my house took it homes, opened it up and found it had everything except ram, I installed some I had laying around and plugged it in, I have a monitor hooked up to it but nothing else, it has (4) 78.2 10K rpm HDDs, and a single processor, the light on the board for AC power lights up green and the one on the front lights amber, I can press the UID button and a blue light comes on, however when I press the power button nothing. The screen doesnt come up and I can find a BIOS this is the first server I have ever touched to be honest and I was looking for some help getting it up and running.
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: hp proliant ml350 g4 server

I hope it hasn't been raining!

So the fans don't start either when you press the power button? Does it have more than one PSU? You could try swapping them around. Check cables/wires to/from the power-on button.

What kind of RAM did you install? What if you take them out? Any reaction then?
FlyBowTieGuy

Its got ddr, hasnt rained in weeks, 2 PSUs no difference when I switch them, the power button light is amber, the only light on the board is the green one on the board, keep in mind im new to servers so if theres a difference in how to turn them, on that very well could be the problem
FlyBowTieGuy

NO, just the PSU fans turn and no difference with or without RAM
FlyBowTieGuy

and the PSU's rear LED lights dont come on, either of them
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

The last thing you mentioned about the PSU leds is probably the big problem. That means the power supplies doesn't kick on.

incoming power, power supplies themselves, (is there a power backplane?), and system board. of course cables between as well..

I suppose this needs a bit of inspection and electrical testing to figure out if you don't want buy more parts.

as far as turning the server on, should be just to press the button at the front

well, if there is a circuit-breaker on the power supplies - that needs to be "on" of course :)