ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753677 Members
5531 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp proliant ml350 server does not boot.

malaika

hp proliant ml350 server does not boot.

hp proliant ml350 server cannot boot.i have swap the processor,memory,power supply,but still it cannot boot.i have fix all the power connection and ensured that the is no loose connection. Two amber/red lights shows on the front panel,and also the processor lights appearing on the board is amber.
13 REPLIES 13
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

Do you get video or any POST error messages?

I suspect that you are having a faulty system board.
Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

I'd also point to the system board or the VRM.
yesterday I stood at the edge. Today I'm one step ahead.
malaika

thanks very much for your urgent reply.i appreciate it very much,but the system does not boot at all.nothing appears on the screen
.i mean a blank screen is all i get
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Try Starting the server with single processor also make sure that PPM is installed properly or you can try swaping it as well. Do You get any beeps, the PROLIANT logo or anything at all.
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
malaika

my hp proliant ml 350 server does not boot
at all.no post ,No beeping nothing at all .i mean a blank screen is all i get .Both memory and processor are working. They were swaped on a different server and they were working .I have ensured that there is no loose connection anywhere.Only one processor is being use but both processor lights on the board are showing amber .Two amber/red light are showing on the front panel.I want to know the meaning of the two lightson the front panel.
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Malaika

Reduce the server hardware configuration to minimum e.g. one processor, one power supply, no interface cards etc and check if there is display or else system board is suspected defective. Place a call with local HP support provider

Regards
Mahesh
Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

What You describe definitely comes down to system board or VRMs:
You get no info or beeping because the initial POST tests either fail or don't get started.
This usually happens if the CPU or some other core component can't work.

As You've already swapped most crucial components, there is not much left to fix, but rather something to replace.

The only other thing to generate such a complete boot failure is a IDE cable plugged in the wrong way round.

- remove all pci adapters and disk/floppy/cdrom cables.

if the problem persists, You should try to change VRM if it's socketed, and if that doesn't work, call in a tech or order a replacement system board.
yesterday I stood at the edge. Today I'm one step ahead.
malaika

how do i rectify PPM1 failure?
malaika

how do i resolve a faulty embedded PPM