1753980 Members
6181 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

hp proliant server 110 G6

mba1564

hp proliant server 110 G6

good day

can any body help me now .i have  hp server proliant  110   and is not  bootting  from my cd or  flash. i noticed the set server asset tag is not in the bios  , meaning is blank .pls what is it that are suspose to be there ?

P.S. This thread has been moved from  ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum to  ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: hp proliant server 110 G6

Hi,

"Asset Tag" for this try entering a Alphanumeric number and save it, if it does not save then you may try the following:

1. Clear NVRAM and then enter BIOS to key in the Asset Tag.

2. Update BIOS to the latest version and then try to key in the Asset Tag.

If the above two setps fail to register the Asset Tag then follow this link to download a utility and follow the Installation Instructions to update the Asset Tag.

Asset Tag can be a Alphanumeric number or name that your company has given to this particular server.  Or it can be a friendly name that you like to give.

Booting:

If the server is not booting then make sure the bootable order is proper and make sure the internal cables to CD drive or hard drive is properly connected.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo