1753747 Members
5071 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: hp-scripting-toolkit-linux-10.30-26 GRUB timeout not working

soepu

hp-scripting-toolkit-linux-10.30-26 GRUB timeout not working

Hi all,

I have a problem using the toolkit on a BL460c Gen9, I have created an ISO file and connected it as a virtual media through iLO.

The system is booting in UEFI mode until the grub menu appears, here I can manually select the option created by me but somehow the TIMEOUT parameter doesen't work. if I don't make any choise the grub menu will wait indefinitely which is not usefull if I want to run this toolset in an unattended mode.

How can get a timeout and continue booting?

Thank you

Sönke

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

you need to be working with the grub.cfg file under the /efi/boot directory.   UEFI boot process uses a different bootloader than BIOS based systems

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
soepu

There is only one grub.cfg comming with the hp-scripting-toolkit and no /efi/boot directory.

If I add a menuentry like "DERMALOG specific" I can see and select it from the boot menu after booting the server so I assume I'm editing the right file, but still the timeout is not working.

Any other idea?

Is the hp-scripting-toolkit capable of managing UEFI boot?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Yes, 'mkiso.sh' included with the toolkit sets the ISO image for both BIOS and UEFI boot methods.  If your system is in UEFI mode I'm not sure how it is booting. I've tested the toolkit with and without the UEFI files and if they are not present the toolkit will not boot when the system is in UEFI mode

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
smb_61_

HI,

I'm currently experiencing the same problem? What solution did you find?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @smb_61_,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo