6185 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

hp ssd ex950 m.2 nvme on proliant ML30 G10

enrilor
Occasional Visitor

hp ssd ex950 m.2 nvme on proliant ML30 G10

Hi everybody,

I tried to install an HP SSD EX950 M.2 1TB on a Proliant ML30 Gen10, update the server bios at the last version may 2019 but the server don't recognize the disk at full capacity, onyl 1024MB.

Anyone have an idea ? is not compatible ?

4 REPLIES 4
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: hp ssd ex950 m.2 nvme on proliant ML30 G10

Greetings!

I believe you are checking the drive capacity under HPE Smart Storage Administrator. If not, please access the HPE Smart Storage Administrator and select the S100i controller. The M.2 drive should be visible there.

If the S100i controller doesn't show up in HPE Smart Storage Administrator or if you do not see the S100i identify during POST please access system configuration settings (F9) and enable the S100 controller.

Did you get a chance to check with compatible NVMe - M.2 - SSDs? Because the compatible ones are of lesser capacity then the one that you have been trying to install/test.

Please refer page# 23 on below link for more details:

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00053821enw

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
claudiu_cristea
Occasional Collector

The link is 404

Vajith V
HPE Pro

@claudiu_cristea ,  

sorry for the trouble, the broken link issue has been fixed.

Regards,
Vajith

I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Moises_B
Visitor

Hello friend, you solved you problem? I have the same issue.

Thank You!!