ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748129 Members
3527 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp systems managagement homepage running but cannot launch until restart of service

mark q
Regular Advisor

hp systems managagement homepage running but cannot launch until restart of service

I have a bunch of servers that the systems management homepage service is running but aparently it's hung because it will not let me in and therefore it cannot be identified.

this is after support paq 8.0 installation.. it was working before this.

any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: hp systems managagement homepage running but cannot launch until restart of service

hi

SMHP = System management homepage

"hp systems managagement homepage running but cannot launch until restart of service"? what do you mean? which service, any agent you mean (version control agent)?

are you getting errors when you are trying to access your SMHP? any screenshot would be helpful in that case....

or if you go to SMHP log check the log for your SMHP and upload it or let us know

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

its known issue and being asked so many times. Only complete solution i heard is go back to PSP 7.91.
8.0 has other issue too related to NIC and storage agent.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

see below thread: so many other also have similar info and looks like HP support also working on it.
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1223284
mark q
Regular Advisor

thanks, I was wondering if it's me so far support paq 8.0 has caused me nothing but heartburn.

Thanks for the help.
mark q
Regular Advisor

thanks for the help
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

what was the resolution?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
mark q
Regular Advisor

all set had to upgrade to new version old version had vulnerabilities