cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hpdaigs hangs

Josh Catana
Occasional Advisor

hpdaigs hangs

I have a DL360 G5 where the hpdiags.exe utility hangs at 94% consistently.

It appears to be tcrib.dll that is not responding.

It gets to this process, as I can see in the C:\hp\hpdiags\processinfo\, and consumes 50% cpu on this dual processor system.

Viewing the server with the HP System Management Homepage shows that there are no failed or degraded items. Although the tests for tempature, fans, power supplies, and iLo are just not present.

Any ideas on what can cause this?
4 REPLIES
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: hpdaigs hangs

It's strange. Did you try updating all the firmware with the Firmware CD and then reinstalling the Proliant Support pack? Do you have any Non-HP Devices attached? Like some network or other pci card?
Josh Catana
Occasional Advisor

The server is remote so I don't have the ability to reinstall from CD and iLo is not functioning which I believe may be related.

There are no hardware modifications to the machine that aren't from the vendor, HP via CDW. network cards are both onboard.

Only thing I can think that may be related is because of this same problem we took the drives and placed them in a new same exact model and configuration chasis to try to fix the issue believing it was hardware related. It did not get fixed. I believe it is something with the software/drivers. I see no problems with any drivers in the system from device manager.

Comparing this system with the exact same setup I have in other locations, the only differences are the one that is broken has extra DLLs in the C:\hp\hpdiags\ directory that are not present in the functioning system.

idResult.xml
systemcall.stdout
systemcall.stderr
surveycompare.right
surveycompare.left
survey.lastwebsession
tcstorage.dll
tcinspect.dll
tcpci.dll
tcnetwork.dll
tcvideo.dll
tcusb.dll
tcstress.dll
tcserial.dll
tcmemory.dll
tcsysman.dll
tcparallel.dll
tcmouse.dll
tcrack.dll
tcmodem.dll
tckeyboard.dll
tccpu.dll
tcaudio.dll

Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

If you really believe that it is driver issue, then a good idea is to reinstall the Proliant Support Pack. Just download it from the HP website, extract and install. It has all the needed drivers/software components.

Regards,
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

this can be caused by several things. Since you are not onsite by the server , don't know what you can try but here are some troubleshooting steps :

1. Update Firmware with FW CD 7.91
2. Update with ProLiant support pack 7.91(Insight Diagnostics is there too)
3. Since you have 2 CPUs, if they are different steppings it can be a issue. So if firmware update don't help, try single CPU or crosschange them.
4. Re-install Insight diagnostics

One of this steps must solve your problem...
Sorry if they are not acceptable for you, but since you don't have iLO remote access and you are not near the server, less can be done..

Pac