5835 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

hpe m.2 ssd enablement board

flaviob
Frequent Visitor

hpe m.2 ssd enablement board

salve a tutti.

ho montato la hpe m.2 ssd enablement board su un ml350 gen9 con un solo disco kingston m.2 da 250gb collegando la porta 1 tramite cavo sata e inserendo la scheda nello slot 1 come da manuale.

la scheda viene vista dal sistema (nel device inventory tramite ilo4) ma in fase di installazione (windows 2019) non vede il disco

uefi è abilitato

qualcuno sa aiutarmi...

Hello everyone. I mounted the hpe m.2 ssd enablement board on a ml350 gen9 with a single 250gb kingston m.2 disk by connecting port 1 via sata cable and inserting the card into slot 1 as per manual.

the card is seen by the system (in the device inventory via ilo4) but during installation (windows 2019) it does not see the disk

uefi is enabled

someone can help me ...

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: hpe m.2 ssd enablement board

Hello,

You have two option.

Option:1

Configure software raid from SSA with the embedded SA controller (like. B140)

After creating raid or logical drive install OS.

Option:2

Enabling Embedded SATA support

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/DL380_Gen9/setup_install/v34108503.html

Change the B140i to SATA AHCI Support. This can be done by selecting the following options: Press F9 during POST,

select System Configuration -> RBSU -> System Options -> SATA Controller Options -> Enable SATA AHCI Support

NOTE: It is not possible to make the above change in Legacy BIOS mode. The server must be configured to boot to UEFI BIOS, make the chage to SATA AHCI Support, then change it back to Legacy BIOS mode.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

flaviob
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Thanks for the reply
in the bios it is already enabled ahci with uefi
the server has two controllers: 440ar on the board and 440 in one slot because I have two drive cages
in the ssa software I don't see the m.2 disk.
maybe there must be two m.2 disks on the adapter?

IMG_5373.jpgIMG_5375.jpgIMG_5377.jpg

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you have a proper case be logged with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo