7500 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hpqmgmt flooding event log

SOLVED
Go to solution
Spartan300

Re: hpqmgmt flooding event log

Can someone give advise of this case number?
I'm still having the same problem with my DL180 G6.
Daniel Arrieta
Frequent Advisor

I would like to help out but need to get:

-A case number to work with.
-I need to know Operating system that is running on the server.
-I need to have an email address wehere i can contact you back.
Matt Lyle
Occasional Advisor

I am having the same issue with our DL180 G6 I have an open case: 4603729008
you can email me back at the address associated with this username.

Running Windows Server Standard 2003 R2 SP2 x64
Matt Lyle
Occasional Advisor

Daniel, any update on this? MY DL180 G6 has the same issues, brand new and has a 4hr care pack if you need me to open another case for you.
schurl
Occasional Advisor

unfortunately we don't have a case number - actually our hardware retailer is trying to find a solution (together with HP). some minutes ago I got "HP Services Reporting Tool Enhanced" which sucked out nearly every info about this system here (by the way: Windows 2003 R2 SP2 32bit) and I sent back a result file. let's see, if this will bring any solution.

in the mean time i tried nearly every variant of additional support/management or driver software (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3884340&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884339&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#11332) what, indeed, just caused more error or warning messages in the eventvwr. the only two or three comprehensible messages from "hpqmgmt" in the whole eventlog were "Power supply 2 has been removed" (I'm running the system on only one at the moment - but of course I already tried it with both, so I actually have the message "Power supply 2 has been inserted", too and "Emergency shutdown initiated" (OK, it's a bit hot in our office :o).

actually, I would already be a bit more contented, if it would be possible to find out (or someone could tell me) what "sensor 9b" even is!? we do not have an ILO port installed - maybe that's a possible problem?

Matt Lyle
Occasional Advisor

Spoke with HP this morning about the issue. They told me that Engineering is aware of the issue and a future driver/patch for the HP Proliant Managment Controller Driver will resolve the issue.

A pity MS does not give us an easy way to exclude certain events from the event log.
Suryaprakash_2
Occasional Advisor

Matt Lyle
Occasional Advisor

I upgraded the Firmware on the Managment interface per your suggestion. I was at 4.03 I am now at 4.04 and I am still getting the constant warnings in my system log.
Suryaprakash_2
Occasional Advisor

HI

This is known issue with Dl180 g6 and Ml150 g6 with sensor 9b and 11 and in the event loh showing event ID 57 ,

the issue was resolved for Ml150 g6 ,but according to Hp Dl18 g6 did not resolve the issue with the latest firmware and it will be fixed with the next BIOS release.

So i am afraid we have to wait for the next BIOS release which may take around 1 month
schurl
Occasional Advisor

@Suryaprakash: where do you have this info/statement from?

in the mean time (after HP Support read my result file) I was asked to update BIOS (what I actually had already done before generating the "HP Services Report") to 2009.07.28 and - as suggested by you and also be done from Matt Lyle - the ILO firmware from 4.03 to 4.04 (same as Matt Lyle) with the same result: still getting the message minute by minute.

uh - yes - and I also updated the "Insight Management Agents" to 8.30 (instead of 8.22 as suggested from Daniel Arrieta); actually these are not linked in the "Download drivers and software" page for the "ProLiant DL180 G6 Server series". if you go to "Revision History" tab at the agents' download page you'll see version 8.30. but this didn't help, too :o)

wow - we have some new'n'shiny up-to-date DL180/G6 system here right now, still having this bug. I'm wondering if it's worth trying to downgrade every singe driver/patch/management software/etc. as next step *g*