HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hpsum /use_latest

mark q
Regular Advisor

hpsum /use_latest

Hi,

I'm about to be using the commandline version for the installation of support paq's and firmware, and I'm wondering if there are any customer advisories and I copy in the pertinant file will the /use_latest option do the updates when the server is built?
2 REPLIES
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Re: hpsum /use_latest

Mark,
Depending on what you are attempting to do, the /use_latest option may not be the correct one to use. The /use_latest option tells HPSUM to install the latest bundle if there are multiple bundles in the directory where HPSUM is executed.

If you want to update components within a bundle to a newer version of the component (ie want to use PSP 7.91 but a later driver has been released), you need to use the /allow_update_to_bundle option. This allows the newer component to replace its equivalent component within a bundle.

If you want to add firmware to a bundle, you'll need to use the /allow_non_bundle_components option. This option allows components that are not part of the bundle to be added as part of the installation set.

Regards,
Michael Garner
HPSUM Architect
mark q
Regular Advisor

Re: hpsum /use_latest

I actually tried this yesterday because of a problem and so here's what I did

copy in the support paq
configure the support paq
copy in the firmware maintaince cd
copy in any advisories

Now when I run the install with the allow non-bundle products option I get all of the above in one install.