ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can setup windows server 2003 enterprise edition for Proliant ML570 (667-1000MHz)

xuan_1
Occasional Visitor

i can setup windows server 2003 enterprise edition for Proliant ML570 (667-1000MHz)

How can i setup windows server 2003 enterprise edition for Proliant ML570 (667-1000MHz) with smartstart 7.0 ?
The warning: "not support for this system"

I also try to smartstart 5.4 and 6.10 but it is not OK. this version does not support for install windows 2003 for ML570 (667-1000MHz)

Can you help me now ?

Thanks for all help
2 REPLIES
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Re: i can setup windows server 2003 enterprise edition for Proliant ML570 (667-1000MHz)

Hi Xuan:

You will have to do manual install
- go through the manual path ;
- with other as the o/s
- and after smart start completes; then has to F6 and provide the driver for the storage controller if it is 5th and 6th gen controlles

you can try without the F6; but if you get no physical drives; then have to Do the F6.

This should work fine;
- or you can even bypass the smart start and just do manual install; as long as the o/s and boot order selected correctly in the bios you are okay.

you need to have logical drive created before you install the o/s.

Best Regards,

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: i can setup windows server 2003 enterprise edition for Proliant ML570 (667-1000MHz)

Go with the manual install. There are some other threads for Setting up your Compaq ProLiant Server without SmartStart, there there are documents that walk you through it.

Basically you just need all the applications Sys erase, SCU, Diags, and finally ACU, and all the drivers for the lastest Windows available, for the Windows Setup.
Hot Swap Hard Drives