108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO 2 not accessible-DL 380 G6 server

SOLVED
Go to solution
amishera
Advisor

I tried the "10-second" thing but it didn't still work out. Interesting thing, similar thing happened when I tried with a blade server as well. This thing doesn't happen with dl380g5 which seems to be like a good boy.

For the record, to test with the iLO upgrade I need to flush the iLO firmware using ROMPAQ thingy and then boot the USB containing the firmware. I suppose that is what you mean by firmware upgrade.
amishera
Advisor

Okay I think I might have identified some problem here. In one occasion for a different server I saw the iLO RBSU prompt ie "press F8" for a while and then that was overwritten by some other messages. It was like a snap. And you know what if I continue to press F8 like crazy then eventually I am able to get the iLO RBSU. This is the un-gracious way I am doing iLO RBSU now. :(
Wolf_12
Occasional Advisor

It is possible to configure the iLO with SmartStart DVD. Check the network properties first.
PZel
Trusted Contributor

Becase it's a DL380G6 (as with DL380 G7)you need to press a key, whenever the message "press any key to view option ROM messages" appears during POST
Then you're able to get into ILO (F8).
see:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-remote-lights-out-mgmt-iLO/DL380-G6-iLO-config-issue/m-p/4633170#M4935

PZ