1751832 Members
4928 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO 2 resets to factory default after power loss

kprose3154
Occasional Contributor

iLO 2 resets to factory default after power loss

When I loose power on mu HP ProLiant DL360 G6 and power is restored iLO 2 resets to the factory defaults, so loose all of my settings, licenses, accounts, and directory linking. Is there a way on how to fix this issue because it gets frustrating to reset all those settings after power loss.

Kalvin Prose
Home Lab Builder and Computer Enthusiast
3 REPLIES 3
Rama2
HPE Pro

Hi sir 

Kindly refer the following article

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02837034

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Prabu_bhat
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please do check the  Battery Status, it might not be holding charge to retain the NVRAM settings.

You can contact HPE Support for the same.

If the symptom are Line.. 

Removing power from the server and clearing the NVRAM by removing and re-inserting the battery on the system board. This will cause iLO 2 versions 2.00 and 2.01 to fail to re-populate the NVRAM with the factory default values when iLO 2 boots up.

Then:

RESOLUTION

To correct the issue if it occurs, reboot the server, press F8 to enter to iLO 2 RBSU and restore the factory defaults from there.

HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Firmware Version 2.05 (or later) will prevent this issue from occurring.

Reffer:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02837034

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

kprose3154
Occasional Contributor

My iLO 2 Adapter is running firmware version 2.29. Also it loads factory defaults after power loss just fine. It removes my customization to the adapter like the advanced license key, custom users, static IP address, SSL certificate settings.

(EDIT: My HP DL380 G6 which is running in the same environment does not have this issue. I am able to unplug the server for upgrades and plug it back in and all of my custom settings still be there. This iLO 2 is 2.29 as well.
Kalvin Prose
Home Lab Builder and Computer Enthusiast