Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLO 2 upgrade issues

jk_yang
Occasional Contributor

iLO 2 upgrade issues

Hello, 

I have a DL360g5 with a very out date iLO firmware. it is still running on V. 1.30 I am trying to upgrade to I believe V. 2.12. I have tried to run the update VIA the web UP from 3 different computers trying 3 different browsers from all three computers, chrome, IE and firefox. I check the ILO log and it just says update failed from web UI. I am looking to update as I have been told it might correct an issue I am having with my fan speeds.. I have made another forum post for that issue. Any info or others way to maybe flash the newer Firmware or even how to fix the failing but on the webUI would be awesome, other info that may not matter but I am running ESXi 5.1.0 behind pfsense 2.1

Thanks 

jk

1 REPLY
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Re: iLO 2 upgrade issues

Hi,

I would do an offline FW update with a FW DVD (or the ISO copied to a USB key with the USB key util)

The latest FW DVD for the DL360 G5 is 10.10 which is available to download here...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3288144&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_9ed665a89aba447d925937f38b%257CswEnvOID%253D4115%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vig...

Thanks,

Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)