1752346 Members
5341 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO 3 and hung Active Sessions

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If you pulled power to reset and the iLO is still unresponsive I'd think it is one of 2 things. Either the iLO itself is bad, or maybe something else on the network is set to the same IP address. Pull the network cable from iLO and see if you can still ping the IP.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Are you trying to connect to iLO webGUI from a remote PC or from the same server?
if you are using iLO Shared Network Port, there is a known limitation where you cannot access iLO from the same server's shared NIC.

Jimmy,

I think you are on the same path I am now.

I can ping the IP.  I can also see the iLO configuration using the HPONCFG (finally got that working).

As the servers are remote to me (several K miles) I am trying to get resources available locally to perform these additional tests.  Plug into the iLO port with a laptop and open the port through IE.  If it does not work, then something went wrong in the controller.

There sould not be another host with the same IP as this VLAN was implemented specifically for these servers.  I can see all the other iLOs assigned to this subnet.

I do have staff looking at if there was any "fat fingering" with the implementation of the ACL for the subnet.

I will let everyone know what I find.  May be another week. (Please nothing go wrong.  Please nothing go wrong.)

BernardiIT
Occasional Advisor

Hi Oscar,

It is from a remote server. I am a few (K) miles away from it. I am down to one of 3 options: Duplicate IP (Jimmy's suggestion, but it should not be), network/acl mis-configuration, port controller went bad.

Thank you for continuing to provide suggestions.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If you can use hponcfg to talk to the iLO, then send it some XML to set the IP to something else temporarily to get the dup IP thought out of the equation.

<RIBCL VERSION="2.0">
   <LOGIN USER_LOGIN="adminname" PASSWORD="password">
      <RIB_INFO MODE="write">
         <MOD_NETWORK_SETTINGS>
            <ENABLE_NIC value="Yes"/>
            <SPEED_AUTOSELECT value="YES"/>
            <NIC_SPEED value="100"/>
            <FULL_DUPLEX value="Yes"/>
            <DHCP_ENABLE value="No"/>
            <IP_ADDRESS value="10.10.10.10"/>
            <SUBNET_MASK value="255.255.255.0"/>
            <GATEWAY_IP_ADDRESS value="10.10.10.1"/>
         </MOD_NETWORK_SETTINGS>
      </RIB_INFO>
   </LOGIN>
</RIBCL>

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Bernardi-IT
Occasional Visitor

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for the script.  We were finally able to determine the issue.

We did send a tech to the remote location who confirmed the iLO was working fine because they were able to plug directly in to the port and get the welcome screen.

There was a firewall rule that was put in wrong.  The subnet was one digit too high.  We had ruled this out because we could get to the iLO which was on the broadcast address.  We were expecting both the broadcast IP and next network IP to fail.  Chalk it up to experience.

Lesson learned... You can put a host on a broadcast address and have it work.

Thank you all for your help.