ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752793 Members
5968 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO 4 ProLiant DL360 Gen9 NAND read failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state

DoJu
Frequent Advisor

iLO 4 ProLiant DL360 Gen9 NAND read failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state

Hi Everyone,

One of our iLO 4 ProLiant DL360 Gen9 states iLO Health Degraded
Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND read failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state

Running ILO version 2.72 Oct 20 2019 and firmware P89 v2.76 10/21/2019

I have tried to format the flash using the iLO GUI (then disconnect all power, bring back online, flash again) but it still brings up the same error.

Any ideas most appreciated. I'm afraid it might be a new motherboard.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: iLO 4 ProLiant DL360 Gen9 NAND read failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state

Hello,

I hope you are doing good.

You need to follow (c04996097 & a00019495en_us) if the issue is not fixed end result is to replace the board as per the CA.

Advisory: (Revision) HPE Integrated Lights-Out 4 (iLO 4) - HPE Active Health System (AHS) Logs and HPE OneView Profiles May Be Unavailable Causing ILO Self-Test Error 8192, Embedded Media Manager and Other Errors

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04996097

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

DoJu
Frequent Advisor

Thanks,

So how can I access HP Smart Storage Array Administrator from bios (HPSSA)

It detects no logical drives.

This Proliant DL360 GEN8 has to be secure wiped (DBAN) prior to going back to HPE! 

DoJu
Frequent Advisor

I had to boot via the SPP and use an interactive session to access HP Array Configurator which I have created two logical RAID 0 drives in readiness for 35 x DBAN secure wipe.

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

You are correct,

DBAN does not break down RAID arrays so the first thing is to create a RAID 0 array for each drive in the system.

On power-up wait for RAID array, prompt and press F8 enter the RAID setup. Delete any RAID arrays currently on the system. Press "Create RAID". Deselect all drives except for one and press Enter, then F8.

Repeat the process for each of the remaining drives.

If it doesn't work, you have to replace the system board.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo