Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLO 4 shows "unknown" for some fields on the overview page

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

iLO 4 shows "unknown" for some fields on the overview page

Something happened to a few iLO4 devices (not sure exactly what yet) that caused them to lose all settings (except NIC was still correct, so I could connect remotely) and then on the overview page after login, I see a bunch of unknowns for various details.  I have attached a screen shot.  The server is no unable to be managed in HP SIM as well via AMS.  I believe the fans are also running at full speed now...as if power management is broken.

I have tried updating the firmware and restarting the iLO several times.  The only thing I have not done is pull the power on the server to cold boot it.  Has anyone else seen this?  Will cold-booting fix this?  Or is there a less extreme action one can take to fix this.  Trying to avoid outage to the server....

Thanks

NK

2 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: iLO 4 shows "unknown" for some fields on the overview page

a reboot may help, pulling the power plugs definetely helps.

ILO version 2.54 should prevent this behaviour.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO 4 shows "unknown" for some fields on the overview page

Pulling the power on the server, thereby cold-booting the iLO, fixed the problem on the first server.  Assuming will work on the other two.

Thanks

NK