108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO 5 LDAP group permissions - using PowerShell

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

iLO 5 LDAP group permissions - using PowerShell

In iLO 5 there are the following permission that can be set for a LDAP group (some of these are new compared to iLO2-iLO4):

• Login
  • Remote Console
  • Virtual Power and Reset
  • Virtual Media
  • Host BIOS
  • Configure ILO Settings
  • Administer User Accounts
  • Host NIC
  • Host Storage
  • Recovery Set

However, in the latest HPE iLO PowerShell module there in only the 6 settings that you can set using the Set-HPiLOSchemalessDirectory (which I believe are based on the original iLO security specs):

• 1 - Administer Group Accounts
  • 2 - Remote Console Access
  • 3 - Virtual Power and Reset
  • 4- Virtual Media
  • 5 - Configure iLO 4 settings
  • 6 - Login Privilege

How does one use PowerShell to map the old settings so that ALL the new settings are checked when adding a new LDAP group to an iLO 5?

Thanks

NK

13 REPLIES 13
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

Currently iLO cmdlets version 1.5 supports only till iLO4 version i.e. Gen 9.  That is why you see the difference in privilages roles.

We are developing next version 2.0 which will be compatiable with Gen 10 planned to be released around starting of Q2 CY18.

Thanks,

Gokul

PowerShell Team

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Ok, thanks.  I thought I read somewhere GEN10 was supported, but I must have been mistaken.  Maybe I am thinking of HPE BIOS module...

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I just installed the latest PowerShell module for the iLO and I am still not seeing a way to set all these permissions.  I am trying to use "Add-HPEiLODirectoryGroup" and all I see for permission options are the following:

-UserConfigPrivilege
-RemoteConsolePrivilege
-VirtualMediaPrivilege
-iLOConfigPrivilege
-LoginPrivilege
-VirtualPowerAndResetPrivilege

Not seeing:

Host Storage, Host BIOS, Host NIC, and Recovery Set

What cmdlet do I use to set those values?

Thanks

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

In fact, I just double checked the help for that cmdlet and it says it only supports iLO 4.  So, you have no way to configure directory groups in the iLO 5?

NK

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way from PowerShell to conifugre directory settings of iLO5.

The main reason behind this is lack of support from iLO5 interfaces which has limited our support for directory works.

I will check iLO team if they have any workarounds to achieve this.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the response.

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Any update on this?  This seems like it should be a simple thing to do - it is just a text field with the LDAP group name in.  Its not doing any LDAP work...its just setting a text field in the iLO configuration...right?  I mean, you can do this in the iLO4...why not the iLO5?

If I can use PowerShell to set the license code (a text field) why cant I use PowerShell to set an LDAP group name (a text field)?

Thanks, NK

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

I agree its simple work but iLO5 Redfish interfaces are not available to set those modifications. Without any interfaces PowerShell or even any scripting tool can't do much. You can approach iLO team but answer is going to be nearly same the support is not available currently and its coming in the future snaps of Gen10.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Unbelievable - Version 2.1.0.0 just got released and it STILL does not support the "set-HPEiLODirectorySetting" and "get-HPEiLODirectorySetting" cmdlets for the iLO 5.

NK