5897 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Advanced license does not work with iLO2

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

iLO Advanced license does not work with iLO2

Hello,

We just purchased a bunch of DL580 G4 and DL380 G5 servers, which come with iLO2. We also order the iLO Advanced pack for them. However, none of the licenses codes we ordered work with any of the hardware we ordered (we tried various combinations).

From what I can tell, there is only one part number for the iLO advanced (MFG#263825-B21 - http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product.asp?sku=1894865&pagemode=ca) and it is supposed to work with both iLO and iLO2:

"The ProLiant Essentials Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Advanced Pack provides an easy upgrade to full Lights-Out remote management functionality on ProLiant servers with iLO or iLO 2 management processors."

Does anyone know if there are any known issues with these license codes not working on the iLO2 servers?

Thanks in advance,
Nelson
7 REPLIES 7
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nelson,

Try this evaluation pack to check whether it works fine on the servers or not.....

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/iloadv2/index.html

All the BEST!!!!!

Regards,
rmn
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

seems that there are some issues with the licencies for the ilo2!

best way is to contact HP Support

regards
Mike
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes - the eval code works fine.
I will call HP.

I just wanted to see if others were having problems as well, so I had some ammo before calling them.

Thanks
Nelson
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

weird, we were told the same by HP that our ILO advanced keys would not work on ILO2. However, we have a master license agreement on ILO advanced and tried it anyway.

It works. We can enter our master ILO advanced key on ILO2 cards and get full functionality.
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Have you tried applying the latest firmware?

There were issues with iLO2 Liciensing taht thay may fixed on the last week firmware releases.

If it still doesn't work you'll have to call Tech Support and provide PO#, Part #, Order#, etc. Plus the License #s that are not working.

Regards.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes - I have already updated to the latest iLO firmware. That did not work. But thanks anyway.

Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Our Vendor was sending us old iLO Advanced Pack licenses (dated from 2005). Those licenses start with 247RH in the code and do NOT work.

New licenses start with 35R6R and DO work.