ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753746 Members
5018 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO Amplifier Active Directory LDAP support, nested groups and case sensitive logins

coldfire3000
Occasional Advisor

iLO Amplifier Active Directory LDAP support, nested groups and case sensitive logins

Hi

I would like to mention several issues in the hopes that:

1. Others will find out what the issue is before wasting a load of time.

2. HPE might address the issue in an update...

So, the issues:

1. The username to login to iLO Amplifier seems to be case sensitive... The default account is 'Administrator' and 'administrator' does not work.. That is pretty unusual, so should be mentioned on the login screen itself in my opinion.

2. As per #1, when using LDAP login the username appears to need to be all lower case, ie 'domain\firstname.lastname' or similar. If any part of the 'username' entry is upper case, the login seems to fail.

3. It appears that nested groups do not work. If you add group 'ILO admins' to have access to iLO and then within that you have 'Service desk team' and 'Infrastructure team' and within those you then have all of your users, it won't work, at least it doesn't for us.

These 3 things have taken me a while to confirm and I have wasted more time with support because they kept blaming our AD, FW etc. and had no clue about these limitations.

2 REPLIES 2
SYWNIAC
HPE Pro

Re: iLO Amplifier Active Directory LDAP support, nested groups and case sensitive logins

Hello Coldfire,

I see that you had opened a case and did not get proper response. 

May i have the case number....so i can look into it better.

I am an Hewlett Packard Enterprise Employee

Accept or Kudo

jprabhak
HPE Pro

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.   

1. iLO Amplifier logins are case sensitive as we use Linux user accounts which are by default case sensitive. We could add  a note in GUI for this in our future update

2. LDAP logins  are case insensitive in iLO Amplifier.  We have validated this in our test set up as well. Could you please recheck this and also share any screen shots if possible.  

3. Current LDAP integration does not support nested groups in iLOAmplifier and this limitation is documented in the user guide. 

Once again appreciate your feedback 

regards

JP
I work for HPE