5746 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Amplifier Pack (1.55) not receiving ANY alarms from iLOs

Anthrax
Visitor

iLO Amplifier Pack (1.55) not receiving ANY alarms from iLOs

Hi all,

I've recently spun up a iLO Amplifier Pack VM to test alarming & integration to our ITSM tool (ServiceNOW) via the REST API.
I have successfully pointed iLO amplifier at our ServiceNOW instance (using the RedFish API), but I'm struggling to generate any alarms at all.

I discovered a ProLiant DL360p Gen8 in iLO amp and began pulling power, network and disks, even powering the server off completely and got 0 alarms...

Am I doing something wrong here?

I also tried to trigger a test event via the RedFish API (docs) but I just keep getting 405 - Method Not Allowed.

Any help is appreciated!
Cheers,
Ryan

6 REPLIES 6
AmRa
HPE Pro

Hello Ryan,

How the server iLO has been added in iLO amplifier, is it with their FQDN or IP address?
If the iLO's are added with their FQDN then remove the server from iLO amplifier and add them with their IP address and check the status.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Anthrax
Visitor

Hi AmRa,

I discovered the iLO via the IP address & still have not received any alarms... I'm starting to think it's a bug or something?

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hello Ryan,

There was a bug in the older version of iLO Amplifier where if you add server into iLO Amplifier with FQDN it will not receive server alert, which was fixed in later version of iLO Amplifier. 

We have tested iLO Amplifier 1.55 in house lab and we are able to receive alerts from servers.

May I know how many servers are added in iLO Amplifier?

Is the issue only on this server or do we have other servers as well on which issue is seen?

Do we have any another Generation server added iLO Amplifier? If not will you please add any later Generation server in iLO Amplifier and check the status.

Or will you please check by removing and re-adding same server in iLO Amplifier. 

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Anthrax
Visitor

Hi AmRa,

I only have the 1 server attached to iLO Amplifier at the moment (running a VM on my machine for testing alerts).

I will try and track down a different gen of server in a different environment to test with next week.
I will also try adding and removing the server and let you know if that worked.

Cheers,
Ryan

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi Ryan,

After performing the suggested action if still issue continued, We request you to please raise a support ticket with HPE tech support team for further assistance.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo
upAndup448768
Frequent Advisor

Did you ever get this working?  I am having the exact same problem with iLO Amplifier Pack 1.80