ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752806 Members
6011 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO Amplifier - The job has been failed with an exception.

SOLVED
Go to solution
AndriiBo
Occasional Contributor

iLO Amplifier - The job has been failed with an exception.

Hi all,

I am trying to update DL360 GEN10 Server by using iLO Amplifier v1.81 with Gen10 Service Pack for ProLiant ver 2021.04.0. The job completes with an exepcion, in the log I see following message:

iLO Repository Offline Update job failed because Virtual Media mount failed. Media might be already mounted. Eject it and try again later

I checked the Virtual media and do not see any mounted medias there. Also, I see that most part of the components were successfully upgrdaed except NICs and SMAR Array Controller. 

I appreciate any assistance to fix the issue, please let me know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Andrii

6 REPLIES 6
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: iLO Amplifier - The job has been failed with an exception.

Hi,

NOTE: HPE recommends unmounting virtual media in servers before triggering the SPP update using iLO amplifier pack.

Please refer to these articles for more information.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00090572en_us
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00101384en_us&docLocale=en_US

Thank You!
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AjeshMathew

Hi Andrii

I am Ajesh Mathew. I am working for this product. 

Can you share us the support logs to debug this issue further?   

Regards

Ajesh

AndriiBo
Occasional Contributor

Hello  Suman,

thanks for the links,  I checked the virtual medias before doing the patching and there were no medias mounted, so the issue is definetely in something else. 

Regards,

Andrii

AndriiBo
Occasional Contributor

Hello Ajesh,

sure, could you please advide how to collect the logs?

jFYI - I just have completed the patching by using SPP ISO, the same one I imported in Amplifier, and the patching went well - all components which were not patched by amplifier are patched now, so it is definitely something wrong with the amplifier or settings I applied. I appreciate you further assistance because I have plenty of servers that need to be patched and Amplifier can definitely make my life easier Also, I wanted to let you know I used an offline method with option "iLO Repository Firmware Only Offline Update for Gen 10 Servers and above", I forgot to mention this in my first post.

Regards,

Andrii

AndriiBo
Occasional Contributor

Hello  Suman,

I colected the logs, how can I share them with you?

AndriiBo
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Hi all,

finally I was able to resolve the issue.

so the fix was an easy one - in the patching procedure there is a prompt for credentials required only if iLO federation is used, in my case I didnt enable the federation, so I haven't entered the username/pass during first tries and this leaded to the errors, and later, I tried to enter the credentials in that box and all worked well, so I already patched 3 servers without any issues.

BR,

Andrii