1753378 Members
5072 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO Directory Login Issue

Matt (Brinker)
Occasional Contributor

iLO Directory Login Issue

I currently have almost 20 older servers DL360's & DL380's (3's & 4's) that all have iLO 1's.  The iLOs were either at firmware version 1.64 or 1.75.  At these versions I was not given the option to "Administer Groups" on the "Directory Settings" page.  So, I updated the firmware to the latest (1.94).  After configuring the iLOs I logged out of the web console to log back in using my domain credentials.  But upon login, after I get prompted to run the ActiveX control, nothing happens; the page freezes.  I can't even ping the iLO.  It appears as if the iLO reboots/resets itself.  The iLO is unreachable for about 2-3 minutes.

After further testing on previous firmware versions, I've determined that I need to only load firmware v1.89 (5 Dec 2006).  Any newer firmware will cause the iLO to reboot every time I attempt to log in.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  Like I said, I have almost 20 servers that are all doing the same thing.  This is driving me crazy, and yes, it's a short trip.  Any help/insight is appreciated.