ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752433 Members
5997 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Options not in BIOS

Michael Munger

iLO Options not in BIOS

I have a dl120 G5. The specs on the sheet I bought it with (on the internet) say I have an iLO. There is a port labeled iLO in the back of the server. When I plug a cat5 cord in there, it lights up.

When I follow the directions in the user guide (http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01325507/c01325507.pdf) for getting an IP address, I log into the BIOS, go to Advnaced > IPMI, but there is NOTHING about LAN settings.

What am I missing here?
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Hi Michael,

iLO settings are not usually in the BIOS (F9)

Look out for another prompt when the server is booting.
On higher end servers its F8 to get into the iLO settings.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
Michael Munger

Agreed. On my ML350 and ML370 they have thier own BIOS banner during bootup. THis one doesn't, and the user guide I referenced in my post tells me to go into the BIOS (F10), drill down to Advanced > IMPI where I should see some LAN settings. But I don't see them. :-( any thoughts?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

"Agreed. On my ML350 and ML370 they have thier own BIOS banner during bootup. THis one doesn't, and the user guide I referenced in my post tells me to go into the BIOS (F10), drill down to Advanced > IMPI where I should see some LAN settings. But I don't see them. :-( any thoughts? "

The 100 series ProLiant are different than the 300 series systems. You do have to go into the BIOS to change the LO100 card from DHCP to static. The URL you mention gives you a step by step on pages 13 and 14 find the section on the DL120

I haven't done this on a DL120, but have made the change on a DL180

The LO100 feature set is not the same as iLO/iLO2

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Marcus Martin
Frequent Advisor

Can you access the ilo from the HP management console? Find the ilo address and then not worry about it ?

It should be on boot press F8 as stated.

Hmm strange one that.
BOFH since 1999
dms_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi Michael,

did you found any solution for this?